Millionaire Young Ltd Terms and Conditions of Membership
These Terms and Conditions of Membership apply to your Membership of Millionaire Young Ltd and should be read in conjunction with your Membership Agreement by which you acknowledge they have been read, understood and accepted in full.
“The Company Membership” means the membership services the Company provides as set out on the Company’s Website and as otherwise may be notified to Members from time to time and as set out in this Agreement.
“Date of Commencement” means the date on which you sign the Agreement and / or pay your annual membership fee whichever is the later but is subject to your Acceptance as a Member.
“Services” means all of the services available from The Company’s Website or via your Membership, including the Company’s social media activities, whether free or charged.
“Confidential Information” means information (whether or not recorded in documentary
form, or stored on any magnetic or optical disk or memory) which is not in the public domain relating to the business, products, affairs and finances of any Group Company for the time being confidential to any Group Company and trade secrets including, without limitation, technical data and know-how relating to the business of any Group Company or any of their business contacts, including in particular (by way of illustration only and without limitation) bank account numbers.
“Restricted Business” means the business of “Rent 2 Rent” and “Creative Sales on Existing Dwellings” with which you were or may have been involved to a material extent in the Four months before Termination.
“Restricted Customer” means any firm, company or person who, during the Four months before Termination, was in the habit of dealing with the Company or any Group Company with whom you had contact or about whom you became aware or informed in the course of your Membership.
“Restricted Person” any member or anyone employed or engaged by the Company or any Group Company with whom you dealt in the Three months before Termination in the course of your Membership.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
It is a condition of your being granted Membership, and your ongoing obligation and duty during the term of your Membership, that you will abide by the following obligations and responsibilities:
- You will actively participate in and attend the Company events which are held at your convenience.
- You are encouraged to make contact and do business with other Members and other referred parties.
- If you book an event and wish to cancel, you must do so by contacting the Company at least 24 hours before the event begins, except in exceptional circumstances, otherwise any fee payable by you for the event will remain payable and shall not be refundable.
- The Company will provide you with opportunities to promote your business and engage with other members and local businesses. You will be notified in good time about upcoming events and will be sent regular updates.
- The Company will let you know at the earliest opportunity if events have been cancelled and when appropriate will endeavour to host a replacement.
- You will be held personally accountable for your words and actions and you will complete what you say you are going to do with no hidden agendas.
- You will honour all written and verbal agreements with the Company and other members.
- You will resolve and / or rectify any potentially broken agreement at the first opportunity.
- You will resolve and / or rectify any actually broken agreements immediately.
- In any instance of uncertainty, you will communicate immediately to ensure all parties that may be concerned by such uncertainty find common ground and clarity at the earliest opportunity.
- You will respect and value all members in the group by showing civility, courtesy and good manners at all times.
- You will not promote any unrelated businesses or services other than “Rent 2 Rent” and “Creative Sales on Existing Dwellings” across the Millionaire Young platform including but not limited to the use of WhatsApp, Twitter, Instagram, Website and Facebook without prior written authorisation from Ayo Gordon.
- For any property deals that you wish to promote and / or sell within the Membership, you must first fill out a deal selling sheet and discuss it with your mentor or Ayo Gordon and secure their approval before proceeding.
- You will respect and honour the confidentiality of all Members applying and adhering to the maxim “what is shared in the group by its Members stays in the group and with its Members”.
- Every Member is held to and accepts 100% accountability for their own success and takes singular and sole ownership and responsibility for their actions and their consequences. No laying of blame, false justification, denial or finger pointing will be tolerated by the Company of its Members.
- You will communicate, at the first available opportunity, any Membership issues, either internal or external, to a Mentor or Ayo Gordon.
- You acknowledge and accept that all online Membership access and documentation (including username and password) is strictly confidential and cannot be shared externally.
- You will be positive and use supportive language in all communications with the both the Company and other Members.
- You will at all times demonstrate and provide encouragement in all situations and show willingness to support other Members.
- You acknowledge and agree that Member forums and the Website must only be used for property discussion and to support each other.
- You acknowledge and agree that you will not covertly record or video any meeting of the Members, the Company or the Services and will if made aware that such a recording is being made or exits immediately notify a mentor or Ayo Gordon.
Requests for permission to make such recordings should be directed to Ayo Gordon before any attempt is made to create such a recording.
- You will not use, alter, copy, modify, store, sell, reproduce, distribute, republish, download, publicly perform, display, post, transmit, create derivative works of, or exploit any Membership Services or any part thereof, except as expressly authorised in this Agreement, or as part of the Membership Services provided to you or without the prior written authorisation of Ayo Gordon.
RESTRICTIONS, COVENANTS AND WARRANTIES
- In order to protect the Confidential Information and business connections of the Company and each Group Company to which you have access as a result of your Membership, you and all Members covenant with the Company (for itself and as trustee and agent for each Group Company) that you shall not without the express and written permission of Ayo Gordon (which permission may give rise to additional fees being raised at the discretion of the Company) either during the period of your Membership or:
- For Twelve months after Termination, solicit or endeavour to entice away from the
Company or any Group Company the business or custom of a Restricted Customer with a view to providing goods or services to that Restricted Customer in competition with any Restricted Business;
- For Twelve months after Termination in the course of any business concern which is
in competition with any Restricted Business, offer to employ or engage or otherwise endeavour to entice away from the Company or any Group Company any Restricted Person;
- For Twelve months after Termination in the course of any business concern which is
in competition with any Restricted Business, employ or engage or otherwise facilitate the employment or engagement of any Restricted Person, whether or not such person would be in breach of contract as a result of such employment or engagement;
- For Twelve months after Termination, be involved in any Capacity with any business
concern which is (or intends to be) in competition with any Restricted Business;
- For Twelve months after Termination, be involved with the provision of goods or
services to (or otherwise have any business dealings with) any Restricted Customer in the course of any business concern which is in competition with any Restricted Business; or
- At any time after Termination, represent yourself as connected with the Company or any Group Company in any Capacity, other than as a former Member, or use any registered names or trading names associated with the Company or any Group Company.None of these restrictions and covenants shall however prevent Members and / or former Members from:
- Holding an investment by way of shares or other securities of not more than 3 of the
total issued share capital of any company, which is listed or dealt in on a recognised stock exchange;
- Being engaged or concerned in any business concern insofar as your duties or work
shall relate solely to geographical areas where the business concern is not in competition with any Restricted Business; or
- Being engaged or concerned in any business concern, provided that your duties or work shall relate solely to services or activities of a kind with which you were not concerned to a material extent in the three months before Termination.
- These restrictions and your covenants apply to you acting directly or indirectly and
on you own behalf or on behalf of, or in conjunction with, any firm, company or person.
- If, at any time during your Membership, three or more Restricted Persons have terminated their Membership, appointment or engagement with the Company to perform Restricted Business for a business concern which is, or intends to be, in competition with any Restricted Business, you will not at any time during the six months following the last date on which any of those Restricted Persons were Members or engaged by the Company, be engaged in any way with that business concern under which you will perform Restricted Business on the behalf of that
- The Company and you have agreed to enter into these restrictions and your covenants having fully understood and accepted their terms and effect and should you acknowledge that you have, if you require, been given the opportunity to have been separately legally advised.
- Each of these restrictions and your covenants is intended to be separate and
severable. If any of the restrictions and your covenants shall be held to be void but would be valid if part of their wording were deleted, such restriction and your covenants shall apply with such deletion as may be necessary to make it valid or effective.
MEMBERSHIP AND FEES
- Purchase of the annual Membership entitles you to the membership Services as set
out above and in the Membership Agreement for a period of one year from the Commencement Date. Those Services include but are not limited to:(i) Access to communicate with the Members of the Company and the Membership Network;(ii) Attendance at meetings and events arranged by the Company for the benefit of the Members;(iii) Access to the Company’ training materials, information and training program.
- The price payable for Membership and any additional services you may order are clearly set out on the Company Website. Prices are unless otherwise stated inclusive of any applicable VAT.
- The Company reserves the right to amend the annual Membership and other fees at
any time, although unless existing Members have been notified in writing of any new fees or changes to fees that are applicable to them no less than 7 days before any such change is to come into effect, those fee changes will only apply to new members.
- You may not transfer your Membership to any other person.
- When you subscribe for the Company Membership, that payment may not cover other Services, for which the Company will ask you to pay either by way of an addition to your Membership fee or by a single payment.
- You will pay all sums due to the Company under this agreement by the means specified without any set-off, deduction or counterclaim.
- All money paid by you to the Company is non-refundable and cancellation and/or termination of this Agreement by you or the Company at any time for any reason will not entitle you to a refund of money paid for any Service.
- The Company reserves the right to modify the Membership Terms and Conditions and to change the terms and conditions of this Agreement at any time, without notice. Your continued use of the Membership after such modifications shall be deemed an acceptance by you to be bound by the terms of the modified Agreement and / or Terms and Conditions of Membership. The terms that apply to you are those outlined within this Agreement and also as posted on the Company’s Website on the
day you are accepted as a Member.
- At least four weeks before the expiry of your annual Membership, the Company shall
write to you at your last known postal or email address to tell you that your Membership is shortly to expire and to invite you to renew. An invoice for a new period of Membership will be included.
- It is your responsibility to confirm whether you wish your Membership to be renewed and to arrange for payment of the invoice. Should the Company not hear from you within 14 days following the reminder, your Membership shall lapse at the expiry of the period for which you have paid.
- Notwithstanding the above, Membership renewal is not guaranteed. The Company reserve the right to refuse a Membership renewal.
Upon termination for any cause, the Member shall immediately:
- Cease operating as a Member of the Company
- Cease using the Intellectual Property and all other material indicative of the Company or of any association with the Company
- Make or cause to be made such changes in signs, cards, notices and other display or
advertising matter, vehicles, buildings and structures as the Company shall reasonably direct, to distinguish the Member’s Business from its former public and marketing image
- Refer all telephone calls, correspondence and enquiries received in connection with
the Company’s Business to the Company and, subject to this, not make any telephone calls or enter correspondence in connection with the Company’s Business
- When requested by the Company, deliver up to the Company at the Member’s expense all documents, information, material in all formats and all copies of it, all stationery, and other display or advertising matter and any other article bearing the name of the Company or any Intellectual Property
- Pay to the Company (without any deduction or right of set-off except where there exists an indisputable or acknowledged debt or credit owing to the Member by the Company) all sums of money which may be due or owing from the Member to the Company
- Take whatever steps required by the Company in order to cancel the Member’s use of any Trade Mark or any of the Company’s other property
- Pay all the Company’s costs including without limitation all legal costs incurred in relation to such termination
- Provide to the Company a list of all his clients and assign or novate to the Company
or a third party nominated by the Company in such manner as the Compamy requires the benefit of any existing contracts with the clients and all monies held on account of such contracts and take such steps as the Company may require to ensure the smooth assignment or novation of such contracts
- Cease using and if requested by the Company transfer or procure the transfer of any and all domain names, electronic mail addresses and Internet websites that display or use the Trade Mark or which are in any way publicly associated with the Member’s Business to the Company and acknowledge that the Member has no rights in any of them
- Provide the Company with copies of all past and current client leads and records and all documents related to the Member’s Business
- Do or procure to be done all such further acts and things and execute or procure the execution of all such other documents as the Company may from time to time require for the purpose of giving the Company the full benefit of the assets, rights and benefits to be transferred to the Company under these terms and conditions.